Bullets Fever

A blog and community website for the Washington Wizards and their fans.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Welcome!

Welcome to Bullets Fever, your source for everything on the Washington Wizards. My name is Mike, but you can refer to me as Pradamaster. I have another site I run called The Gatorade Dump that some of you are probably familiar with, but I started this blog because I needed an outlet to follow the Wizards.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am a 19 year old sophomore at Brandeis University, a small liberal arts school in Waltham, Massachusetts (about 15 minutes outside of Boston). I grew up in Bethesda, Maryland, a well-known Maryland suburb located just outside of Washington DC. The Bullets/Wizards have been a part of my life for about as long as I can remember. The first time I can really remember the Bullets was in the mid-90s, when they played in the run-down US Air Arena with old Wes Unseld as the coach. My dad used to get season tickets and I'd get to go to about a quarter or a third of the home games. For some reason, I immediately fell in love, even though the Bullets were so bad. Over the rest of the 1990s, I'd go to more and more games, even getting tickets to see Game 3 of the 1997 first round series against the Bulls. As the Bullets became the Wizards and moved into a new arena, I kept going. Even during the Jordan years, I was there.

Eventually, tickets got so expensive that I had to watch on TV and only go to a couple games a year. Now that I'm in college with nary enough money to buy a television, it's even harder to follow my team. This is why I'm starting this blog. As an aspiring sports journalist, my dream job would be to cover the Wizards for a living.

But enough about me. What is the purpose of this blog?

Besides providing you with Wizards news and commentary, I want to create a community atmosphere here. I admire so many sites in the NBA blogosphere, and I also admire all the fans that have been with the Washington franchise for even longer than I have. For you guys, I'm hoping Bullets Fever can be your outlet. At the end of every entry, I'm going to post a question where I want your feedback (a la Golden State of Mind, one of my favorites). The idea of this blog is for it to be a community, so I want to hear your feedback.

For now, I'll leave you with this clip of the infamous 1994 Washington Bullets, featuring Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, and rookie Rasheed Wallace.



When is your first Wizards/Bullets memory?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first was a Juwan Howard feature in Sports Illustrated back in like 1996 when he signed a big contract with Miami ($100 million?) but it was rejected by the NBA because the Heat were over the cap or something. It was a good feature on Juwan, too.

11:11 AM

 
Blogger Pradamaster said...

Game 5: Just killed me because the Wizards didn't deserve to win and yet almost did.

I remember that Howard contract really well. At the time, I loved Howard and was happy that he was still around. Of course, I had no idea about salaries and didn't realize how much they paid him. Now, looking back on it, I wish Howard went to the Heat.

7:57 PM

 
Blogger The Big Picture said...

nice site, Prada! looks good. as for a fav. moment, um, Jordan i guess.

if you're interested, I could talk to the owner of SB Nation (which U-Dub Dish and Golden State of Mind are both part of) and see if he wants to add a Wizards' site.

let me know if you want me to talk to him and suggest you as the writer.

10:03 PM

 
Blogger Awful Announcing- said...

My first memory was watching a game with my dad, and Jeff Malone hitting a shot on the baseline from behind the backboard. I asked my pops if that was legal and he said "well as long as these dickhead refs say it is".

But best memory is 2005 game 6 against the Bulls in person. Such a great win.

9:06 PM

 
Anonymous Jimagerie said...

This is a great post, thanks for sharing it

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Top Sports Blogs

Powered by Blogger