Bullets Fever

A blog and community website for the Washington Wizards and their fans.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Gilbert Arenas says...

Gilbert Arenas' blog is definetly one of my favorite reads, but I don't get a chance to check it out all the time because it doesn't have an RSS feed. But, in spirit of his 45 point game and Hype's hillareous post, let's take a look at the best from his latest entry.

On his Halo team:

My Halo team, the Halo team I sponsor, “Final Boss,” they play in Las Vegas on the 17th for the championship round. And they have their own television show on, what is it? USA Network, I think. I don’t even have my own TV show! But I’m on their show Dec. 9.

It’s just amazing. I’m just trying to get my hands into different things that people are interested in. You know, see how we can get the young video game minds into basketball courts and vice versa.

Of course, what invariably ends up happening is that it's a one-way street with Gilbert simply playing Halo with them. I'd love to see these Halo players come to Verizon Center and maybe shoot some shots at halftime. Maybe the crowd can watch the guys play Halo against each other on the big screen. The possibilities are endless.

On the stigma that he's a ball-hog.
To me, I don’t even pay attention to that anymore. Because, if I was a two, a 2-guard, you know, I’d just be a great scorer. But, since I’m playing the point position, you know, I’m a guy who shoots a lot. It’s easy to pick on me for some reason, but, every team I’ve played with I might average 29-28, but I’ll also have two players that average 20 and 20. So, for some guy who is jacking it up, how come I’m always with two other players that score that much? I’ve never seen anybody else in this league that have two players on their team that are scorers like mine.
Very true. I'm not sure where this comes from, honestly. How many people think Arenas is a ball hog? Raise your hand if you do.

On the Knicks.
If they decide to play basketball, they’ll be a dangerous team.
I guess Arenas should inform Isaiah Thomas that Stephon Marbury throws a wicked gyroball.

Finally, on the all-star ballot.
I know ballots are out. I know Puffy had the Vote or Die, you know, with them shirts. You know, I want to have, “If no one votes for me, I’m not going to do anymore blogs.”
I'm just going to refer you over to Hype's post for more on this. It's pure comedic gold.

Gilbert Wants You to Vote, For Him [The Hype]
Gaining In the Race [Gilbert Arenas' NBA.com Blog]

How hillareous is Gilbert Arenas' blog? Does it do his character justice?

Labels: , , ,

 
Top Sports Blogs

Powered by Blogger