Bullets Fever

A blog and community website for the Washington Wizards and their fans.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Preseason Game 3 Open Thread












Washington Wizards vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

Preseason Game 3
Quicken Loans Arena
7:30 PM

It may not be the regular season, but it would be mighty nice for the Wiz to get their first win ofthe preseason against the Cavs tonight. Word is that Antonio Daniels will play despite hurting his ankle in practice on Friday, but Darius Songalia will miss his third straight preseason game with the back injury.

Wiz are going with Arenas, Stevenson, Butler, Jamison, and Haywood today. So much for Jordan's promise to rest a starter every game in the preseason. Haywood will start tonight at center, but the center spot is still reportedly up for grabs between Haywood and Thomas. I'm not sure who the Cavs are starting, but if they go with their regular lineup, look for Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Queen James, Drew Gooden, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. LeBron and Gooden sat in yesterday's win over Boston, so they should probably play tonight.

Since the preseason is so mundane, I'm opening this up to the readers. How many wins do you think the Wizards will have this year, and what makes you think so? I'm not going to disclose my prediction until it's my turn in the NBA Blog Previews on October 25, but I'm curious as to what you guys think.

Let the predictions fly!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that the wizards are going to win 50 games this upcoming year. i know that it might seem a tad optimistic, however, its strongly my belief that gilbert arenas will have an incredible year and that antwan jamison will duplicate last years success. hopefully my predictions come true.

12:02 AM

 
Blogger Ty Will said...

I like your blog! You're now my Bullets link. On my Bucks blog, Mke Bucks Diary, I have banned the use of the term Wizards. I, like you, believe it should be Bullets forever. How the hell do you give up a cool nickname like that in favor of some Harry Potter sounding name?

Anyway, good stuff.

Ty from Bucks Diary

4:13 AM

 
Blogger "rem" said...

if Hayes can avge 35%+ from 3pt land and Blatche can stay out of foul trouble while averaging at least 1.5+ blocks per game (they need some kind of interior presence cause Haywood plays too soft for his size) then the Bullets are in business and might sneak into the conference finals

1:05 PM

 
Blogger Pradamaster said...

I'm loving this Bullets optimism. Best team since 1978? I think so.

12:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Top Sports Blogs

Powered by Blogger